04 October 2010

Oranjezicht up to Table Mountain

Date: 29 September 2010

Location: Oranjezicht

Walkers: Helen, Ian, John and the puppy

Previous walks in this area here, here and here.

We took the puppy the guys were looking after for a walk along the streets in Oranjezicht. Once we reached Molteno Road we began to climb. It's a really steep road. Do this every day and you'd get fit!



It was fun looking at all the houses. Look, the palace is for sale.



The views down to the city are great. I love this part of Cape Town.



After a while we reached the top of the road and then walked up onto the lower slopes of Table Mountain.



We let the pup off the leash so he could run around. Happy dog!


.

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I wish I had the money to buy a place in Oranjezicht or Tamboerskloof. I have stayed up there in guesthouses and just love the view doesn't matter if its at sunrise, noon or after dark with the city's lights twinkeling away.

Helen said...

Higgovale would be my choice as it is somewhat protected from the dreadful south-easter wind. I'd *love* to have a home there!