01 July 2011

Green Point Park and a Sunset



Date:
14 June 2011

Location: Mouille Point

Walker:
Helen

In need of some fresh air after a busy day I went down to Green Point Park (archive here). It is such a peaceful spot...



I meandered around the Biodiversity Garden, enjoying the wintery sunshine.



Several plants were in flower, including Gnidia and Salvia.



And wild rosemary. The garden seems to be thriving!



Each time I visit the park I see new things. This time: an interesting-looking playground (still under construction behind the barriers) and an analemmatic sundial.



After my circuit around the park I walked down to the Prom at Mouille Point.



It was a rather beautiful sunset.




Once the sun had gone the whole sky turned pink.



Gorgeous!


.

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Its seems that you haven't got security problems in the park. We seem to have had a couple of snags in parks lately, but hopefully the municipality and police will wake up soon and do something about it.

Stunning sunset

Reggie said...

My goodness - what a sunset-sky!!!!

We love visiting the park; there is always something new to see.