16 January 2011

Sea Point Prom 2011 - Walk 1

Date: 12 January 2011

Location: Sea Point

Walker: Helen

Archive of all walks on the Prom here.

My plan is to continue walking along the Sea Point Promenade every week or two during the course of this year. Today was my first visit of the new year, and I followed my usual route: an easy walk there and back, all on the level, a distance of 6km.

It's always good to see my favourite views. The cloud billowing around Table Mountain indicates a strong south-easter wind blowing in the City Bowl, which I was happy to escape for a couple of hours. Sea Point was delightfully still and sunny.



These no cycling/skateboarding/rollerblading signs are new. Did they really have to paint such large and ugly notices? They are every few hundred metres along the whole route.



I wasn't surprised to see the public pool so busy on such a pleasant summery afternoon. It's still school holidays, so there were lots of families out for the day. They looked like they were having a good time, but the noise and crowds are not for me.





There were lots of folks on the beaches too, but this one in Bantry Bay was surprisingly quiet. Of the various beaches along this stretch this is my favourite. It feels relatively private and I like the rocks.


.

1 comment:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I agree on the signs. Somebody seems to have had some extra paint in hand. I wish I had as much time to enjoy our beachfront promonade as you have to enjoy your's.