18 May 2010

Vredehoek Streets

Date: 14 May 2010

Location: Vredehoek

Walker: Helen

At the end of a busy day I took a stroll around my neighbourhood, to get some fresh air and enjoy the sunshine after a week of rain.

I meandered up and down the streets at random. There are some steep uphills to get the heart rate going, as well as plenty of streets on the flat.




I'm so fortunate to live in the city bowl. I love being surrounded by mountains. Table Mountain and Devil's Peak are right there.




Vredehoek is a mish-mash of blocks of flats and free-standing houses, with a small shopping and restaurant precinct. Some of the homes are old and rather tatty but many have been renovated and modernised. I'm particularly fond of the elegant art deco facades.





(Photos by Helen)
.

1 comment:

HiltonT said...

A set of Vredehoek photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hilton-t/sets/72157626750863402/