09 December 2010

Prom: Training Walk, Week 6



Date:
7 December 2010

Location: Sea Point

Walker: Helen & Michele

Other training walks here, and other Promenade walks here.

Before: This was going to be a busy week so I made sure I got a Prom walk in early, and Michele came along. Usual route, usual time.



The walk: It was an incredibly hot day, and this made walking a little tougher than usual. Lots of sips out of the water bottle! Otherwise it was an easy walk, and good to be near the ocean. The water looked fantastic.



I wanted to dive right in!


.

3 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I always imagine you water to be ice cold. Not sure what its like in summer.

Anthea said...

What a lovely idea for a blog. I am a new follower.

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Helen said...

Firefly - yes, it is pretty much ice cold on that coast all the time. You sometimes get a slightly warmer current, but for someone like me who grew up with warm eastern Cape waters it is still pretty freezing. I only swim if its a very very hot day!

Hi Anthea, thank you and welcome!